We invite you on am active but charming adventure tour in the Mjøsa district. You will find tranquillity and moments of genuine rural bliss. The rolling, open landscape, allows you to explore nature with all senses while you move from one memorable moment to the next.
– Arrival at Tingnes. Lunch at Tingnes Spiseri
– Introduction to kayak padling. Afterwards, we head out on lake Mjøsa in kayaks, and cross over to Helgøya.
– Coffee break by the lime kilns, a cultural heritage site; then back to Tingnes.
– Evening meal in Tingnes. Accommodation at Hoel Farm.
– Slow biking on Helgøya.
– Tour at the award-winning landscaped garden at Hovelsrud Farm.
– Lunch at Skafferiet, Hovinsholmen – the oldest farm on Helgøya.
– The rest of the day: adventures high up in the trees at Helgøya high-ropes park.
– Evening meal around the campfire / in Tingnes. Accommodation at Hoel Farm.
– Today we have a relaxing day and start with a boat trip across the Mjøsa to Stange
– Guidet tour at Atlungstad distillery. Here you’ll learn all the secrets about making the famous Norwegian aquavit.
– Lunch in the open
– We cycle in a quiet pace over charming country roads to Røhne nedre. In the old main building, dating back to the 1600s, paintings of Napoleon himself were discovered.
These paintings from 1840 have been carefully restored, and their story is vividly told by the farm’s hosts.
– Dinner at Fjetre gård, a Mjøsa farm with close ties to speed skating
– Boat back to Hoel gård
– Biking from Stokke nedre to Kapp and Evjua Strandpark.
– Lunch at Evjua Strandpark.
– On boat over til Staur Gjestegård. Accomodation at one of the farm hotels.
– Departure day.