Nes & Helgøya, in the middle of lake Mjøsa offers you a genuine and authentic experience. Here in this beautiful, rural landscape, away from noise and stress you will find an interesting cultural heritage, excellent food, manorial farms, idyllic shops, café’s and galleries and more. We guarantee a memorable stay in a relaxed atmosphere!
Accomodation in one of the self-catering holiday homes and cottages at the shore of lake Mjøsa, at the summer hotel Grande or rather in historical surroundings at stately Hoel gård or Sveinhaug historical pension.
Attractions and places of interest
A wealth of attractions await – spring, summer and autumn:
- Edel Design: raw elegance in pure natural materials, clothes made in Norway
- Guided tour in historical garden on Hovelsrud farm
- Braastad epler: from apple to juice, ice cream and cider – tasting allowed!
- History telling / sightseeing at a manor farm.
- Cooking course
- Bicycle and/ or kayak for hire (guiding services on request)
- Literary footbath with a grand view at Lier farm
- Guided tour around Helgøya island in buss / by bicycle.
- Airy adventures at Helgøya high-ropes park
Mjøsa region, the hidden pearl
Nes & Helgøya, in the heart of the Mjøsaregion is 119 km from Gardermoen airport, 150 km fra Oslo. All places of interest are in a 25 km radius.